Today I am going to share with you fruitier and fluffier pancakes recipe. These pancakes are basically made up with oats, buttermilk and strawberries. Oats gives a pancake a wonderful texture. Strawberry makes them moist and juicy.
While serving can be topped with maple syrup, whipped cream or chocolate syrup. Yummy. .
WATCH QUICK RECIPE:
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 all-purpose flour / maida
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 tbsp milk (add as required)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a bowl mix together oats and buttermilk. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl whisk an egg. Then add vegetable oil.
- Pour this mixture on soaked oats, add vanilla extract and combine well.
- In another bowl combine dry ingredients all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking powder.
- Add this dry mixture on oats and mix until incorporated.
- If batter is too thick then add 1 or 2 tbsp of milk.
- Then add chopped fresh strawberries in the batter. And mix in gently with strawberries.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Once pan becomes hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan.
- Cook about 1-2 minute until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form OR cook until bottom looks brown and golden then flip the pancake.
- Cook on the other side about 1 to 2 minutes, until the other side is also golden-brown.
- Do it for all the pancakes.
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream or chocolate syrup.
- Tastes good if eaten fresh. Leftover pancakes can be keep in the fridge for 2 days. Before serving make it warm in the microwave about 30 seconds. The taste will not remain same as delicious as when they’re fresh but makes a nice snack.
- You can make a batter and store in the refrigerator for next day breakfast.
Classic salad with a light dressing. Addition of creamy avocado in common cucumber tomato salad makes it more satisfying. The lemon juice keeps the avocado from browning and makes salad flavorful when tossed with red onion and fresh coriander. Good side dish with lunch or dinner. Easy and delicious salad!!
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/8 cup fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- 1/4 tsp Salt to taste
- In a big bowl add chopped tomatoes, diced cucumber, diced avocado, sliced red onion, fresh coriander and fresh lemon juice. Seasoned with black pepper powder and salt. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss to combine well.
- Serve fresh.
Baking bread by our own is one of the wonderful thing. It’s much simpler than you think. This is one of the easy bread recipe with whole wheat flour without eggs.
|1 hour 25 minutes
||1 hour 55 minutes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup additional all-purpose flour for kneading
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 packet / 2tsp/ 7 grams instant / active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp honey / sugar
- 1 cup water / 1% / 2% milk, warm
- 2 tbsp oil
- In a large mixing bowl add wheat flour, all-purpose flour and yeast. Combine well.
- Then mix in warm water / milk, oil and honey / sugar.
- Knead until forms a soft dough.
- Now place dough on floured surface. Use additional all-purpose flour for kneading. And knead approximately 100 turns until dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Now place dough onto a floured surface and shape into a loaf, do not knead.
- Place the dough in a greased 5 x 4.5 x 2.75-inch loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm spot for 1 hour. It should rise up to 1 inch taller than the pan.
- At the meantime preheat oven to 375° F (190° C)
- Place the loaf pan into the oven and bake at the same temperature.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
- Cut into slices.
“Kobichya vadya” it’s a traditional maharashtrian recipe in India. These crispy and spicy cabbage fritters are made by mixing cabbage, gram flour and by adding some spices. Usually served as a snack with tea or side dish in the meal.
I made these kobichya vadya in Ganapati festival. My friends love it and told me to add this recipe.
Let’s see the step by step recipe. Watch recipe video or recipe in detail:
- Cuisine: Indian
- Course: Snacks
- Yield: 15 vadya
INGREDIENTS: (1 cup = 230 ml)
- 2 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds powder
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 cup besan flour
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- First mix the ingredients shredded cabbage, coriander leaves, sesame seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin seeds powder, garam masala, salt to taste, lemon juice and mix well
- Add asafoetida and ginger-garlic paste. Mix well.
- Then add besan flour and corn flour. Knead to make a dough. Add more besan flour as needed.
- Squeeze a small size dough and make a cylindrical roll. Here I made 4 rolls. You can make one or more rolls according to your choice.
- Grease the steam pan and put the rolls in it.
- Prepare the steamer with water and steam rolls for 15-20 minutes.
- OR Steam into a pressure cooker. Take 2-3 whistles.
- After steaming let it cool completely and then cut into medium slices.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Slide the slices one by one into the pan. Stir occasionally.
- Deep fry on medium flame until vadi turns crispy and golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve warm with tea or side dish with meal.
“Balushahi” is a traditional Indian cuisine. It’s an Indian buttermilk donuts. Deep fried on a low heat and soaked in a sugar syrup gives balushahi a beautiful glazed texture. People in India used to make this in the festivals.
Let’s see the step by step recipe:
- Cuisine: Indian
- Course: Dessert
- Yield: 12 Balushahi
INGREDIENTS (1 cup = 230 ml)
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour / maida
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoon ghee / clarified butter
- 6 tablespoon yogurt whisked
- Ghee / oil for frying
- 7-8 Pistachios chopped for garnishing
For Sugar Syrup:
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Saffron (optional)
- Cardamom powder (optional)
- In a bowl add 1½ cup all-purpose flour, baking soda, ghee / clarified butter.
- Mix the mixture with your fingertips until crumble mixture forms.
- Then add whisked yogurt and mix gently and make a soft dough. Do not knead the dough.
- Cover with damp cloth and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make a sugar syrup
- For 2 cup sugar add 1 cup water. Boil it on high heat approximately 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Continue to boil until it gets one string consistency. Then turn off the heat.
- After dough has rested slightly knead it. Pinch a lemon size of dough and make a smooth ball. Make a slight dent in the centre of the ball with a finger.
- Heat the ghee until become medium hot. Slide the prepared balls into a pan 3-4 at a time. Deep fry on low flame until it becomes golden brown all the way through.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Set aside to cool.
- When syrup will be warm then soak the cooled balushahi in sugar syrup for 2-3 minutes. Remove from syrup and put it on the plate.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios.
Today’s recipe is for chocolate lovers “Chocolate cupcake”. Vanilla frosting gives more classic and simple taste. This recipe is so simple. You don’t need a mixer to make a batter or frosting.
This cupcakes are moist, spongy and eggl-ess. The reason behind the moist cupcakes is an oil. And the thin batter makes it spongier.
Now let’s see the recipe in detail.
- 1/2 cup all purpose
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3-4 tbsp water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp milk
- Pinch of salt
To make cupcake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line a muffin tin with 4 cupcake wrappers. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixture add vegetable oil, milk and 2 tablespoon of hot water. And whisk together until completely smooth.
- If batter is thick then add one more tablespoon of hot water. Mix it. Here we need thin batter for spongy cupcakes. Do not overmix.
- Fill the cupcake wrappers halfway full with batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 14-16 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before frosting.
Vanilla frosting :
- In a bowl take unsalted butter. Make it smooth with a fork.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until it becomes creamy.
- Mix with vanilla extract, milk and salt.
- Add more milk if you want to make it thinner.
- Apply frosting on top of the cupcakes.
- Leftover cupcakes can be keep in refrigerator up to 4-5 days.
Today I am sharing very simple but delicious dish “Dal Tadka”. It’s a Punjabi cuisine in India and can be prepared by so many ways. Dal Tadka is the easiest option for your meal.
Dal tadka is a thick curry prepared by using toor dal or by combining other lentils. Pretty simple to make. Cook the dal in pressure cooker or in saucepan until soft. Mix with spices. And tempering with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafetida, red chillies and fenugreek seeds for greater taste.
Recipe in detail:
Ingredients: (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup toor dal (split pigeon pea lentil)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger crushed
- 2 tsp garlic crushed
- 1/8 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon ghee / butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon ghee / butter
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 dash asafetida
- Curry leaves
- 4-5 red round chillies
- To make dal tadka we will need cooked toor dal. For 1 cup of toor dal add 3-4 cups of water. While cooking dal add ½ tsp turmeric powder, pinch of asafetida and fenugreek seeds. This will enhance the taste of your dal. Cook toor dal in pressure cooker till dal becomes soft. Take 4-5 whistles.
- Now heat the pan. Add 1 tbsp ghee in the pan. Add finely chopped onion. Saute well.
- When onion becomes brown then add crushed ginger garlic saute again.
- Add fenugreek seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder. Mix it well.
- Add chopped tomato. Mix and cook for 2 min. Add salt to taste.
- Add cooked toor dal and enough water in dal. Don’t add too much water in Dal tadka. It should remain thick. Cooked for 7-8 minutes. Keep stirring after every 2 minutes. So that dal will not burn at the bottom side of the pan.
- Add fresh coriander mix it and turn off the heat. Our dal is ready. Now preparation for tempering that is “Tadka” in dal with the spices. Tempering gives the nice flavor to dal.
- For tempering heat ghee in small pan. If the oil is hot enough add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, asafetida and round red chillies. Let those flutters.
- Pour the tempering that is tadka on cooked dal.
- Now Dal Tadka is ready to it.
- Can be served with steamed rice.
- Lemon juice can be served with dal tadka.
- Be careful while making tempering because after adding spices in hot ghee / butter it starts fluttering.
- You can adjust the spices according to your taste.