Today I am going to share with you fruitier and fluffier pancakes recipe. These pancakes are basically made up with oats, buttermilk and strawberries. Oats gives a pancake a wonderful texture. Strawberry makes them moist and juicy.
While serving can be topped with maple syrup, whipped cream or chocolate syrup. Yummy. .
WATCH QUICK RECIPE:
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 all-purpose flour / maida
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 tbsp milk (add as required)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a bowl mix together oats and buttermilk. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl whisk an egg. Then add vegetable oil.
- Pour this mixture on soaked oats, add vanilla extract and combine well.
- In another bowl combine dry ingredients all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking powder.
- Add this dry mixture on oats and mix until incorporated.
- If batter is too thick then add 1 or 2 tbsp of milk.
- Then add chopped fresh strawberries in the batter. And mix in gently with strawberries.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Once pan becomes hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan.
- Cook about 1-2 minute until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form OR cook until bottom looks brown and golden then flip the pancake.
- Cook on the other side about 1 to 2 minutes, until the other side is also golden-brown.
- Do it for all the pancakes.
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream or chocolate syrup.
- Tastes good if eaten fresh. Leftover pancakes can be keep in the fridge for 2 days. Before serving make it warm in the microwave about 30 seconds. The taste will not remain same as delicious as when they’re fresh but makes a nice snack.
- You can make a batter and store in the refrigerator for next day breakfast.
Today I am sharing a healthy recipe with you – banana pancakes. I am not that much crazy about banana but my kid is. Instead of making plain pancakes I have added some mashed banana. My kid loved that!!
These pancakes are actually very simple to make. A pancake is a flat cake, often thin and round. I have used just our everyday ingredients whole wheat flour, mashed banana, eggs, milk and yogurt. Flavored with cinnamon and lightly sweetened with brown sugar.
This is a good, morning breakfast not only for kids but everybody can enjoy it.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large ripe banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil / butter (I used vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mashed banana using dinner fork Continue mashing until no lumps remain; a few small lumps are OK.
- Then add an egg and whisk together. Whisk in yogurt, milk and brown sugar until combined. If using vanilla extract add in it. In this pancake I did not used vanilla extract but if you want you can add.
- Make a well in the dry flour mixture and pour the wet banana mixture in. Stir gently until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Coat with oil. Once pan becomes very hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan.
- Cook about 1 minute until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on the center or sides. Lift a corner and check if bottom looks brown and golden then flip the pancake using spatula.
- Cook on the other side about 1 to 2 minutes, until the other side is also golden-brown. Coat pan with oil for each pancake.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, honey or jam.
- These pancakes are tastes best right after they are made and eaten warm. Leftover pancakes can be keep in the fridge for fey days. Before serving make it warm in the microwave about 30 seconds. The taste will not remain same as delicious as when they’re fresh but makes a nice snack.
- Video for recipe : Banana pancakes
Hash browns or hashed browns are very simple and easy to prepare in which shredded potatoes can be fried in butter. And season with ground black pepper and salt. Yummy crusty recipe for potato lovers.
Hash browns is the American breakfast. To enhance the taste chopped onion can be added. Hash browns can be made with so many different ways.
Here is the quick VIDEO for the recipe:
- 1 large russet potatoes
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Keep the bowl ready filled with a cold water.
- Peel the skin of potato. There’s no need to get rid of the skins if you don’t want to.
- Now shred the potato and immediately transfer into the bowl of cold water. Soak for 10 minutes. Water will become cloudy. This process will dissolve excess starch from potatoes and keeps the potatoes from changing color.
2. After 10 minutes rinse the potato under cold running water. Again take some cold water in a bowl and drain well. Then pat dry using kitchen towel or clean cotton cloth.
4. Heat butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the shredded potatoes and spread them out in an even thin layer. Do remember layer should not be too thick otherwise it won’t be crust enough. I have spread them in two half parts so that can be flip easily.
5. Now wait until a brown crust forms at the bottom of the potatoes. It will take 5 to 6 minutes. You can use the spatula to check the bottom. If you are sure potatoes are brown and crispy at the bottom then it’s time to turn the side.
6. Continue to cook until second side bottom turns into brown crust. Remember it will take less time than first side bottom. You can spread more butter after flipping if you want to.
7. If both sides are brown then transfer it to plate. Season the potatoes with salt and ground black pepper.
8. Serve fresh with ketchup or any gravy or chutney.
“Spinach Soup” – this soup is very healthy and full of nutrition – “SOUPER GOOD”. Most of the people does not like only spinach soup. So that I have added mixed vegetables with spinach to enhance the taste and nutritious value. You can add your favourite vegetables in the soup.
This soup is very good in cough and fever. Can be made for daily quick meal. This is the favorite soup of my son.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 4 baby carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup corn
- 2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3-4 sprig coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds powder
- 1 teaspoon oil / ghee
- 1 & 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Add all the vegetables and water.
- Cook in a pressure cooker, take 2 whistles OR cook in a deep pan until soft.
- Put it aside to cool down. Then blend until smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add oil. Add ginger-garlic paste. Saute well.
- Pour vegetable puree into pan.
- Add black pepper powder, cumin seed powder and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Server fresh and warm.
- You can add your favorite vegetables in a soup.
Parathas are one of the most popular unleavened flatbreads in India. Here I have used wheat flour for bread and for stuffing used potato and fenugreek mixture with the little spices. This can be the good lunch menu for kids. Now let’s see this yummy paratha recipe to fill your little ones tummy.
||Snacks / Lunch
- 2 cup wheat flour to make a dough.
- 2 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves fresh
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste / powder (I have used powder)
- 2 tablespoon butter / oil (I have used butter) for paratha
- 1 tablespoon oil for dough
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch red chilli powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon mango powder
- 1 pinch garam masala powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- Add wheat flour, salt to taste and 1 tablespoon of oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add water to knead a dough. For 2 cup flour it might need 1 cup water. The quantity of water may vary depending on the flour used. Don’t add all the water in one go. Use 3/4 th of it. Mix it. Use water as needed and make a soft dough.
- Wrap dough with moist cloth and cover. Set it aside for 15- 20 minutes.
- Now let’s make paratha filling.
- Mix mashed potatoes and fenugreek leaves.
- Add Ginger garlic paste or powder.
- Then add the spices. Add salt to taste. Mix it.
- Now our filling is ready make 8 balls of it.
- Heat the flat pan on medium flame.
- Now take a dough knead again for 1/2 minute and make 8 round balls.
- Sprinkle some flour on rolling area. Take one ball. Flaten upto 2 – 3 inch using roller.
- Put a dough circle on your hand and place filling inside. Keep in mind that filling should not be too much and too less. Seal the edges by gathering them into the center.
- Again make round ball and roll it up to 6-8 inch. Keep it little bit thick. Use wheat flour while rolling. Filling should not be too less or too much.
- Now sprinkle some wheat flour onto the rolling area, place this ball and roll the paratha gently upto the diameter of 6-8 inches.
- Now if pan is hot enough then grease the pan using butter and transfer the paratha on it.
- If small bubbles shows up flip the paratha. Now it will start to puff. Spread some butter on upper side.
- Flip again and spread some butter on the other side.
- Flip once or twice and roast well until paratha cooked and brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat this process for rest of the paratha.
- Serve paratha with yogurt, pickle or sour creme cheese.
Chicken Soup is quite soothing dish useful in cold and cough. Satisfying and healthy soup for kids. This soup is flavored with little spices and specially cooked with carrots.
- 1/2 cup boneless chicken, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/8 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch of black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions. Saute until onion becomes translucent then add ginger-garlic paste. Mix well.
- Add chopped carrots. Mix well.
- Now add chopped raw chicken and saute until pieces becomes white.
- Then add water and salt to taste.
- Cover with lid. Bring it to boil on medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes or chicken is fully cooked on low heat.
- Pour into the bowl and serve warm.