Today I am going to share with you fruitier and fluffier pancakes recipe. These pancakes are basically made up with oats, buttermilk and strawberries. Oats gives a pancake a wonderful texture. Strawberry makes them moist and juicy.
While serving can be topped with maple syrup, whipped cream or chocolate syrup. Yummy. .
WATCH QUICK RECIPE:
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 all-purpose flour / maida
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 tbsp milk (add as required)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a bowl mix together oats and buttermilk. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl whisk an egg. Then add vegetable oil.
- Pour this mixture on soaked oats, add vanilla extract and combine well.
- In another bowl combine dry ingredients all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking powder.
- Add this dry mixture on oats and mix until incorporated.
- If batter is too thick then add 1 or 2 tbsp of milk.
- Then add chopped fresh strawberries in the batter. And mix in gently with strawberries.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Once pan becomes hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan.
- Cook about 1-2 minute until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form OR cook until bottom looks brown and golden then flip the pancake.
- Cook on the other side about 1 to 2 minutes, until the other side is also golden-brown.
- Do it for all the pancakes.
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream or chocolate syrup.
- Tastes good if eaten fresh. Leftover pancakes can be keep in the fridge for 2 days. Before serving make it warm in the microwave about 30 seconds. The taste will not remain same as delicious as when they’re fresh but makes a nice snack.
- You can make a batter and store in the refrigerator for next day breakfast.
Classic salad with a light dressing. Addition of creamy avocado in common cucumber tomato salad makes it more satisfying. The lemon juice keeps the avocado from browning and makes salad flavorful when tossed with red onion and fresh coriander. Good side dish with lunch or dinner. Easy and delicious salad!!
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/8 cup fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- 1/4 tsp Salt to taste
- In a big bowl add chopped tomatoes, diced cucumber, diced avocado, sliced red onion, fresh coriander and fresh lemon juice. Seasoned with black pepper powder and salt. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss to combine well.
- Serve fresh.
Baking bread by our own is one of the wonderful thing. It’s much simpler than you think. This is one of the easy bread recipe with whole wheat flour without eggs.
|1 hour 25 minutes
||1 hour 55 minutes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup additional all-purpose flour for kneading
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 packet / 2tsp/ 7 grams instant / active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp honey / sugar
- 1 cup water / 1% / 2% milk, warm
- 2 tbsp oil
- In a large mixing bowl add wheat flour, all-purpose flour and yeast. Combine well.
- Then mix in warm water / milk, oil and honey / sugar.
- Knead until forms a soft dough.
- Now place dough on floured surface. Use additional all-purpose flour for kneading. And knead approximately 100 turns until dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Now place dough onto a floured surface and shape into a loaf, do not knead.
- Place the dough in a greased 5 x 4.5 x 2.75-inch loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm spot for 1 hour. It should rise up to 1 inch taller than the pan.
- At the meantime preheat oven to 375° F (190° C)
- Place the loaf pan into the oven and bake at the same temperature.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
- Cut into slices.
Today’s recipe is for chocolate lovers “Chocolate cupcake”. Vanilla frosting gives more classic and simple taste. This recipe is so simple. You don’t need a mixer to make a batter or frosting.
This cupcakes are moist, spongy and eggl-ess. The reason behind the moist cupcakes is an oil. And the thin batter makes it spongier.
Now let’s see the recipe in detail.
- 1/2 cup all purpose
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3-4 tbsp water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp milk
- Pinch of salt
To make cupcake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line a muffin tin with 4 cupcake wrappers. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixture add vegetable oil, milk and 2 tablespoon of hot water. And whisk together until completely smooth.
- If batter is thick then add one more tablespoon of hot water. Mix it. Here we need thin batter for spongy cupcakes. Do not overmix.
- Fill the cupcake wrappers halfway full with batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 14-16 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before frosting.
Vanilla frosting :
- In a bowl take unsalted butter. Make it smooth with a fork.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until it becomes creamy.
- Mix with vanilla extract, milk and salt.
- Add more milk if you want to make it thinner.
- Apply frosting on top of the cupcakes.
- Leftover cupcakes can be keep in refrigerator up to 4-5 days.
WATCH VIDEO: Ripe papaya and avocado salad
Papaya is a seasonal fruit in India. People are used to eat ripe papaya as a fruit. In India you will found it as a street food – Ripe Papaya Chat.
This salad is the combination of ripe papaya, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, and your favourite green and dressed with tangy pink salt and lemon juice, pepper powder and crunchy peanuts. This ripe papaya salad is another delicious way to include papaya in your meal.
Whenever ripe papaya is available, this quick and healthy salad is often on my dinner table.
- 1/2 cup diced ripe papaya
- 1/4 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 cup tomato slices
- 1/4 cup chopped lettuce
- 4-5 baby carrots, chopped
- 8-10 fresh leaves of baby spinach
- 3/4 tsp Pepper powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add papaya, avocado, tomato slices, lettuce, carrots and baby spinach in a big plate or bowl.
- Dressed with pepper powder, lemon juice, and pink salt.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil.
- Add some roasted peanuts.
- Toss all the ingredients with fork.
- Serve immediately.
Today I am sharing a healthy recipe with you – banana pancakes. I am not that much crazy about banana but my kid is. Instead of making plain pancakes I have added some mashed banana. My kid loved that!!
These pancakes are actually very simple to make. A pancake is a flat cake, often thin and round. I have used just our everyday ingredients whole wheat flour, mashed banana, eggs, milk and yogurt. Flavored with cinnamon and lightly sweetened with brown sugar.
This is a good, morning breakfast not only for kids but everybody can enjoy it.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large ripe banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil / butter (I used vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mashed banana using dinner fork Continue mashing until no lumps remain; a few small lumps are OK.
- Then add an egg and whisk together. Whisk in yogurt, milk and brown sugar until combined. If using vanilla extract add in it. In this pancake I did not used vanilla extract but if you want you can add.
- Make a well in the dry flour mixture and pour the wet banana mixture in. Stir gently until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Coat with oil. Once pan becomes very hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan.
- Cook about 1 minute until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on the center or sides. Lift a corner and check if bottom looks brown and golden then flip the pancake using spatula.
- Cook on the other side about 1 to 2 minutes, until the other side is also golden-brown. Coat pan with oil for each pancake.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, honey or jam.
- These pancakes are tastes best right after they are made and eaten warm. Leftover pancakes can be keep in the fridge for fey days. Before serving make it warm in the microwave about 30 seconds. The taste will not remain same as delicious as when they’re fresh but makes a nice snack.
- Video for recipe : Banana pancakes
This is very simple broccoli salad and very quick. This salad is made by using steamed broccoli and seasoned with the sesame seeds, chaat masala and other spices which gives the salad a delicious crunch and tasty flavor. I love this broccoli salad.
- 200 gm broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Ground black pepper to sprinkle
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- 3 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Add 3 cup of water in a deep pan and boil it. If water starts boiling add broccoli florets and simmer for 5 minutes. This process brightens the color of broccoli and makes it tender. Turn off the heat and take off the broccoli from pan and drain it using strainer.
- Put drained broccoli in a plate and start seasoning. Add white sesame seeds, sprinkle cumin seed powder, sprinkle chaat masala, sprinkle garlic powder, sprinkle ground black pepper and salt to taste. Finally drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat.
- Serve fresh.