Today I am going to share with you fruitier and fluffier pancakes recipe. These pancakes are basically made up with oats, buttermilk and strawberries. Oats gives a pancake a wonderful texture. Strawberry makes them moist and juicy.
While serving can be topped with maple syrup, whipped cream or chocolate syrup. Yummy. .
WATCH QUICK RECIPE:
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 all-purpose flour / maida
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 or 2 tbsp milk (add as required)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a bowl mix together oats and buttermilk. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl whisk an egg. Then add vegetable oil.
- Pour this mixture on soaked oats, add vanilla extract and combine well.
- In another bowl combine dry ingredients all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking powder.
- Add this dry mixture on oats and mix until incorporated.
- If batter is too thick then add 1 or 2 tbsp of milk.
- Then add chopped fresh strawberries in the batter. And mix in gently with strawberries.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Once pan becomes hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan.
- Cook about 1-2 minute until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form OR cook until bottom looks brown and golden then flip the pancake.
- Cook on the other side about 1 to 2 minutes, until the other side is also golden-brown.
- Do it for all the pancakes.
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream or chocolate syrup.
- Tastes good if eaten fresh. Leftover pancakes can be keep in the fridge for 2 days. Before serving make it warm in the microwave about 30 seconds. The taste will not remain same as delicious as when they’re fresh but makes a nice snack.
- You can make a batter and store in the refrigerator for next day breakfast.
Today I am sharing a healthy recipe with you – banana pancakes. I am not that much crazy about banana but my kid is. Instead of making plain pancakes I have added some mashed banana. My kid loved that!!
These pancakes are actually very simple to make. A pancake is a flat cake, often thin and round. I have used just our everyday ingredients whole wheat flour, mashed banana, eggs, milk and yogurt. Flavored with cinnamon and lightly sweetened with brown sugar.
This is a good, morning breakfast not only for kids but everybody can enjoy it.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large ripe banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil / butter (I used vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mashed banana using dinner fork Continue mashing until no lumps remain; a few small lumps are OK.
- Then add an egg and whisk together. Whisk in yogurt, milk and brown sugar until combined. If using vanilla extract add in it. In this pancake I did not used vanilla extract but if you want you can add.
- Make a well in the dry flour mixture and pour the wet banana mixture in. Stir gently until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Coat with oil. Once pan becomes very hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan.
- Cook about 1 minute until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on the center or sides. Lift a corner and check if bottom looks brown and golden then flip the pancake using spatula.
- Cook on the other side about 1 to 2 minutes, until the other side is also golden-brown. Coat pan with oil for each pancake.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, honey or jam.
- These pancakes are tastes best right after they are made and eaten warm. Leftover pancakes can be keep in the fridge for fey days. Before serving make it warm in the microwave about 30 seconds. The taste will not remain same as delicious as when they’re fresh but makes a nice snack.
- Video for recipe : Banana pancakes
Fish fry. Yummy … It’s very mouthwatering dish. Easy to make. Takes less time to marinate. I usually shallow fry them. If you want you can deep fry them.
- 200 gm fish
- 2 teaspoon Fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fish fry masala (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoon Rice flour
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Mix 2 teaspoon of lemon juice Wash, salt and 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder. Apply this mixture on fish. Set fish aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Mix ginger garlic paste, remaining turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, fish fry masala, chopped coriander, Rice flour and salt.
- Heat the enough oil to shallow fry in the pan.
- Now apply this coating to the fish fillets.
- Now shallow fry fish
- When the oil turns hot enough place the coated fish in the hot oil. And shallow fry on medium flame about 3 to 4 minutes. Then flip to the other side and shallow fry about 3 to 4 minutes.Fry until crisp
- Serve with lemon.
Chicken Soup is quite soothing dish useful in cold and cough. Satisfying and healthy soup for kids. This soup is flavored with little spices and specially cooked with carrots.
- 1/2 cup boneless chicken, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/8 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch of black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions. Saute until onion becomes translucent then add ginger-garlic paste. Mix well.
- Add chopped carrots. Mix well.
- Now add chopped raw chicken and saute until pieces becomes white.
- Then add water and salt to taste.
- Cover with lid. Bring it to boil on medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes or chicken is fully cooked on low heat.
- Pour into the bowl and serve warm.