Today I am sharing a healthy recipe with you – banana pancakes. I am not that much crazy about banana but my kid is. Instead of making plain pancakes I have added some mashed banana. My kid loved that!!
These pancakes are actually very simple to make. A pancake is a flat cake, often thin and round. I have used just our everyday ingredients whole wheat flour, mashed banana, eggs, milk and yogurt. Flavored with cinnamon and lightly sweetened with brown sugar.
This is a good, morning breakfast not only for kids but everybody can enjoy it.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large ripe banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil / butter (I used vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mashed banana using dinner fork Continue mashing until no lumps remain; a few small lumps are OK.
- Then add an egg and whisk together. Whisk in yogurt, milk and brown sugar until combined. If using vanilla extract add in it. In this pancake I did not used vanilla extract but if you want you can add.
- Make a well in the dry flour mixture and pour the wet banana mixture in. Stir gently until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Coat with oil. Once pan becomes very hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan.
- Cook about 1 minute until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on the center or sides. Lift a corner and check if bottom looks brown and golden then flip the pancake using spatula.
- Cook on the other side about 1 to 2 minutes, until the other side is also golden-brown. Coat pan with oil for each pancake.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, honey or jam.
- These pancakes are tastes best right after they are made and eaten warm. Leftover pancakes can be keep in the fridge for fey days. Before serving make it warm in the microwave about 30 seconds. The taste will not remain same as delicious as when they’re fresh but makes a nice snack.
- Video for recipe : Banana pancakes
This is very simple broccoli salad and very quick. This salad is made by using steamed broccoli and seasoned with the sesame seeds, chaat masala and other spices which gives the salad a delicious crunch and tasty flavor. I love this broccoli salad.
- 200 gm broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Ground black pepper to sprinkle
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- 3 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Add 3 cup of water in a deep pan and boil it. If water starts boiling add broccoli florets and simmer for 5 minutes. This process brightens the color of broccoli and makes it tender. Turn off the heat and take off the broccoli from pan and drain it using strainer.
- Put drained broccoli in a plate and start seasoning. Add white sesame seeds, sprinkle cumin seed powder, sprinkle chaat masala, sprinkle garlic powder, sprinkle ground black pepper and salt to taste. Finally drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat.
- Serve fresh.
Hash browns or hashed browns are very simple and easy to prepare in which shredded potatoes can be fried in butter. Hash browns is the American breakfast. This can be good side dish with the meal too. Yummy crusty recipe for potato lovers. To enhance the taste diced or chopped onion can be added. Can be serve as a breakfast or meal.
- 1 large russet potatoes
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Peeled the potatoes. There’s no need to get rid of the skins if you don’t want to. Take a large bowl and fill with cold water. Now shred the potatoes and immediately put it in the bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Water will become cloudy.
This process will dissolve excess starch from potatoes and keeps the potatoes from changing colour.
2. Now drain the shredded potatoes. Again take some cold water in a bowl, stir it and drain well. Then pat dry using paper towel or clean cotton cloth.
3. Finally squeeze the potatoes using cotton cloth to take out excess moisture. Now the potatoes are ready.
4. Heat butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the shredded potatoes and spread them out in an even thin layer. Do remember layer should not be too thick otherwise it won’t be crust enough.
5. Now wait until a brown crust forms at the bottom of the potatoes. It will take 5 to 6 minutes. You can use the metal spatula to check the bottom. If you sure potatoes are brown and crispy at the bottom then it’s time to turn the side.
I always used to prefer to cut the whole layer into 2 or 4 parts before flipping. Depends on how much it’s big. And also useful to check each part how much it cooked at bottom. If ready at bottom then flip small parts one by one.
If you can flip whole potatoes layer in one go then you can flip it.
After flipping one part.
6. Continue to cook until second side bottom turns into brown crust. Remember it will take less time than first side bottom. You can spread more butter after flipping if you want to.
7. If both sides are brown then transfer it to plate. Season the potatoes with salt and ground black pepper.
8. Serve with ketchup or any gravy or chutney.
Parathas are one of the most popular unleavened flatbreads in India. Here I have used wheat flour for bread and for stuffing used potato and fenugreek mixture with the little spices. This can be the good lunch menu for kids. Now let’s see this yummy paratha recipe to fill your little ones tummy.
||Snacks / Lunch
- 2 cup wheat flour to make a dough.
- 2 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves fresh
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste / powder (I have used powder)
- 2 tablespoon butter / oil (I have used butter) for paratha
- 1 tablespoon oil for dough
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch red chilli powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon mango powder
- 1 pinch garam masala powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- Add wheat flour, salt to taste and 1 tablespoon of oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add water to knead a dough. For 2 cup flour it might need 1 cup water. The quantity of water may vary depending on the flour used. Don’t add all the water in one go. Use 3/4 th of it. Mix it. Use water as needed and make a soft dough.
- Wrap dough with moist cloth and cover. Set it aside for 15- 20 minutes.
- Now let’s make paratha filling.
- Mix mashed potatoes and fenugreek leaves.
- Add Ginger garlic paste or powder.
- Then add the spices. Add salt to taste. Mix it.
- Now our filling is ready make 8 balls of it.
- Heat the flat pan on medium flame.
- Now take a dough knead again for 1/2 minute and make 8 round balls.
- Sprinkle some flour on rolling area. Take one ball. Flaten upto 2 – 3 inch using roller.
- Put a dough circle on your hand and place filling inside. Keep in mind that filling should not be too much and too less. Seal the edges by gathering them into the center.
- Again make round ball and roll it up to 6-8 inch. Keep it little bit thick. Use wheat flour while rolling. Filling should not be too less or too much.
- Now sprinkle some wheat flour onto the rolling area, place this ball and roll the paratha gently upto the diameter of 6-8 inches.
- Now if pan is hot enough then grease the pan using butter and transfer the paratha on it.
- If small bubbles shows up flip the paratha. Now it will start to puff. Spread some butter on upper side.
- Flip again and spread some butter on the other side.
- Flip once or twice and roast well until paratha cooked and brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat this process for rest of the paratha.
- Serve paratha with yogurt, pickle or sour creme cheese.
Today I am sharing Chicken soup recipe with you. This soup is mild especially I have discovered for kids. My kid love this soup. It’s very quick and easy recipe. Useful in common cough. With the combination of chicken I have added carrots.
- 1/2 cup chopped raw boneless chicken
- 1/4 cup carrots chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 pinch of pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onions. Stir it. If onion becomes translucent then add ginger-garlic paste, chopped carrots. Stir for ½ minute.
- Now add chopped raw chicken and stir for 1 minute.
- Then add water and salt to taste.
- Bring it to boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Serve this chicken soup fresh and warm.