These homemade Chocolate Cupcakes are super moist and fluffy. I frosted them with fruity and creamy strawberry frosting. This combination is perfectly delicious and looks very pretty.
These cupcakes are so fluffy and I never seen any crumb left inside the cupcakes. Creamy frosting is made up with the fresh strawberries, tastes super yummy.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
Let’s see the step by step recipe.
Start by measuring dry ingredients all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix them in a bowl.
Then in a separate bowl whisk together an egg, vanilla extract, white and brown sugar and oil.
Mix dry and wet ingredients by adding buttermilk in it.
Line a pan with cupcake liners and fill them with batter, halfway or little more. But NOT FULL. I fill them 2/3 full.
Bake them for 18 -20 minutes. I baked them for 18 minutes.
To make frosting blend some fresh strawberries. Transfer the puree on hot pan and stir often until reduced to half. Refrigerate to cool completely.
In a separate bowl add powdered sugar, some butter, vanilla extract, salt and strawberry puree. Mix them together.
Decorate the cupcakes right before serving.
Also you can refer another recipe for cupcake egg-less chocolate cupcakes
- Course: Dessert
- Yield: 6 cupcakes
(1 cup = 230 ml, tsp = teaspoon, tbsp = tablespoon)
- 1/2 all-purpose flour / maida
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup white sugar (50 gm)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (50 gm)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
For Strawberry Frosting:
- 6-7 fresh Strawberries
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar / confectioners sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Salt to taste
To make Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C)
- Line a pan with 6 cupcake liners.
- In a big bowl first mix following dry ingredients all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- Then whisk wet ingredients – an egg, white sugar, brown sugar, oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Add 1/4 cup buttermilk and stir well.
- Batter will be thin. Pour this batter into the 6 cupcake liners.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F (177°C) for 18-20 minutes.
To make Strawberry Frosting:
- In a blender add Strawberries and make a smooth puree.
- Heat the pan on medium heat. Transfer strawberry puree into the pan.
- Stirring often. Bring to a boil until puree reduced to a half.
- Immediately transfer puree to another bowl and refrigerate to cool.
- Now in a bowl add unsalted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well.
- Finally add 1 tablespoon strawberry puree. Combine well.
- Now decorate the cooled cupcakes with Strawberry frosting before serving only.
- Garnish with slices of fresh strawberries.
- Cupcakes without frosting can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days, cover tightly.
- Leftover frosting can be refrigerated for 2-3 days.
Instant Oats dosa | Savory Oats Breakfast Crepe is very simple and delicious, high protein breakfast. Oats are nutrient-rich food. Sure it will be hearty addition to your breakfast.
These dosas is prepared by grinding Quick cooking oats to fine powder and then combined with whole wheat flour and curd. And spiced with green chillies, ginger and black pepper powder. Curd is used to enhance the flavor of the dosa.
Serve these Savory Instant Oats Dosa with coconut chutney or sambar or tomato chutney.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
Yield: 8-10 dosa
- 3/4 cup instant oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup semolina / sooji
- 1/4 cup curd / yogurt
- 3 cup water
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Oil for cooking dosa
- First grind the quick cooking oats to fine powder.
- In a bowl mix together oats powder, whole wheat flour, semolina, curd and water.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Then add onion, coriander, ginger, cumin seeds, black pepper powder, green chillies and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Check for the consistency of batter. It should have flowing consistency.
- Heat a non-stick pan / tawa. If pan is very hot then coat with oil. Spread the batter onto the hot pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp oil on top.
- Cook until bottom side of the dosa is golden and brown. Flip the dosa.
- Cook on the other side for 1/2 minutes.
- Coat pan with oil for each dosa.
- Serve with coconut chutney or sambar or tomato chutney.
Today’s recipe is for chocolate lovers “Chocolate cupcake”. Vanilla frosting gives more classic and simple taste. This recipe is so simple. You don’t need a mixer to make a batter or frosting.
This cupcakes are moist, spongy and eggl-ess. The reason behind the moist cupcakes is an oil. And the thin batter makes it spongier.
Now let’s see the recipe in detail.
- 1/2 cup all purpose
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3-4 tbsp water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp milk
- Pinch of salt
To make cupcake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line a muffin tin with 4 cupcake wrappers. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixture add vegetable oil, milk and 2 tablespoon of hot water. And whisk together until completely smooth.
- If batter is thick then add one more tablespoon of hot water. Mix it. Here we need thin batter for spongy cupcakes. Do not overmix.
- Fill the cupcake wrappers halfway full with batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 14-16 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before frosting.
Vanilla frosting :
- In a bowl take unsalted butter. Make it smooth with a fork.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until it becomes creamy.
- Mix with vanilla extract, milk and salt.
- Add more milk if you want to make it thinner.
- Apply frosting on top of the cupcakes.
- Leftover cupcakes can be keep in refrigerator up to 4-5 days.
Green moong are rich in protein. You can count moong cheela as a healthy and delicious breakfast. They are also known as Andhra’s Pesarattu Dosa, lentil pancakes or crepes.
It’s very easy and quick to make. Make a smooth batter of soaked whole moong by adding onions, coriander and other spices. Spray some oil on the pan. Spread the batter. Cook both the sides until golden brown and will be ready to eat.
It can be a quick brunch, lunch or dinner menu. For kids lunch menu add some shredded cheese on top of cheela and make a roll.
Serve with a chutney of your choice like coconut chutney or tomato chutney.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
RECIPE IN DETAIL:
|4 hours soaking + 10 min
|Breakfast / lunch / dinner
- 1 cup whole green moong
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2-3 garilc cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 small green chilli (you can use many, according to your spicy level)
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds powder
- Salt to taste (used 1/2 tsp)
- 2 tbsp oil
- Wash the whole green moon well and soak in 1-2 cup of water for 4-6 hours.
- If you are ready to eat then start making batter. To make a batter add soaked whole green in blender along with their water. Add all the ingredients except oil. Add onion, ginger-garlic, coriander, cumin seeds powder, green chili and salt in a blender. Here I made this cheela for my kid therefore added only one small green chili. You can add more green chilies as many as you want.
- Blend until smooth batter.
- Now bring a non-stick pan to high heat. Then lower it to medium heat. Drizzle some oil. Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan. Spread until turns into circular. Cook for 1 minute. Drop 2-3 drops of oil on the top. Flip the side and cook for another minute.
- You will see some golden brown color on both sides.
- Repeat this process for all the cheela.
- Serve with a chutney of your choice like coconut chutney or tomato chutney.
- For kids spread some shredded cheese on top of cheela and make a roll as “Cheese cheela”.
Today I am sharing a healthy recipe with you – banana pancakes. I am not that much crazy about banana but my kid is. Instead of making plain pancakes I have added some mashed banana. My kid loved that!!
These pancakes are actually very simple to make. A pancake is a flat cake, often thin and round. I have used just our everyday ingredients whole wheat flour, mashed banana, eggs, milk and yogurt. Flavored with cinnamon and lightly sweetened with brown sugar.
This is a good, morning breakfast not only for kids but everybody can enjoy it.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large ripe banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil / butter (I used vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mashed banana using dinner fork Continue mashing until no lumps remain; a few small lumps are OK.
- Then add an egg and whisk together. Whisk in yogurt, milk and brown sugar until combined. If using vanilla extract add in it. In this pancake I did not used vanilla extract but if you want you can add.
- Make a well in the dry flour mixture and pour the wet banana mixture in. Stir gently until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Coat with oil. Once pan becomes very hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan.
- Cook about 1 minute until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on the center or sides. Lift a corner and check if bottom looks brown and golden then flip the pancake using spatula.
- Cook on the other side about 1 to 2 minutes, until the other side is also golden-brown. Coat pan with oil for each pancake.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, honey or jam.
- These pancakes are tastes best right after they are made and eaten warm. Leftover pancakes can be keep in the fridge for fey days. Before serving make it warm in the microwave about 30 seconds. The taste will not remain same as delicious as when they’re fresh but makes a nice snack.
- Video for recipe : Banana pancakes
This is very simple broccoli salad and very quick. This salad is made by using steamed broccoli and seasoned with the sesame seeds, chaat masala and other spices which gives the salad a delicious crunch and tasty flavor. I love this broccoli salad.
- 200 gm broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Ground black pepper to sprinkle
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- 3 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Add 3 cup of water in a deep pan and boil it. If water starts boiling add broccoli florets and simmer for 5 minutes. This process brightens the color of broccoli and makes it tender. Turn off the heat and take off the broccoli from pan and drain it using strainer.
- Put drained broccoli in a plate and start seasoning. Add white sesame seeds, sprinkle cumin seed powder, sprinkle chaat masala, sprinkle garlic powder, sprinkle ground black pepper and salt to taste. Finally drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat.
- Serve fresh.
A smoothie is the mixture of fresh and raw fruits or vegetables, which are blended together until smooth. It can be prepared by adding other ingredients such as ice cubes, dairy products like yogurt, milk, etc. or sweeteners.
In India “Lassi” is a smoothie which is made from some natural flavors of fruits, yogurt, crushed ice and sometimes sugar. With refer to this in the recipe I have used yogurt to make a smoothie.
Now let’s see the recipe.
- 2 large bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 2 small oranges, peeled, take out the seeds from orange
- 1 cup non-fat yogurt
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Add all the raw fruits and ice cubes into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Then add yogurt and blend again until smooth and thick. If your blender has difficulty in blending this thick mixture then add some cold water in it.
- Serve immediately.