Today’s recipe is for chocolate lovers “Chocolate cupcake”. Vanilla frosting gives more classic and simple taste. This recipe is so simple. You don’t need a mixer to make a batter or frosting.
This cupcakes are moist, spongy and eggl-ess. The reason behind the moist cupcakes is an oil. And the thin batter makes it spongier.
Now let’s see the recipe in detail.
- 1/2 cup all purpose
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3-4 tbsp water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp milk
- Pinch of salt
To make cupcake:
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line a muffin tin with 4 cupcake wrappers. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixture add vegetable oil, milk and 2 tablespoon of hot water. And whisk together until completely smooth.
- If batter is thick then add one more tablespoon of hot water. Mix it. Here we need thin batter for spongy cupcakes. Do not overmix.
- Fill the cupcake wrappers halfway full with batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 14-16 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before frosting.
Vanilla frosting :
- In a bowl take unsalted butter. Make it smooth with a fork.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until it becomes creamy.
- Mix with vanilla extract, milk and salt.
- Add more milk if you want to make it thinner.
- Apply frosting on top of the cupcakes.
- Leftover cupcakes can be keep in refrigerator up to 4-5 days.
Green moong are rich in protein. You can count moong cheela as a healthy and delicious breakfast. They are also known as Andhra’s Pesarattu Dosa, lentil pancakes or crepes.
It’s very easy and quick to make. Make a smooth batter of soaked whole moong by adding onions, coriander and other spices. Spray some oil on the pan. Spread the batter. Cook both the sides until golden brown and will be ready to eat.
It can be a quick brunch, lunch or dinner menu. For kids lunch menu add some shredded cheese on top of cheela and make a roll.
Serve with a chutney of your choice like coconut chutney or tomato chutney.
WATCH RECIPE VIDEO:
RECIPE IN DETAIL:
|4 hours soaking + 10 min
|Breakfast / lunch / dinner
- 1 cup whole green moong
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2-3 garilc cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 small green chilli (you can use many, according to your spicy level)
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds powder
- Salt to taste (used 1/2 tsp)
- 2 tbsp oil
- Wash the whole green moon well and soak in 1-2 cup of water for 4-6 hours.
- If you are ready to eat then start making batter. To make a batter add soaked whole green in blender along with their water. Add all the ingredients except oil. Add onion, ginger-garlic, coriander, cumin seeds powder, green chili and salt in a blender. Here I made this cheela for my kid therefore added only one small green chili. You can add more green chilies as many as you want.
- Blend until smooth batter.
- Now bring a non-stick pan to high heat. Then lower it to medium heat. Drizzle some oil. Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan. Spread until turns into circular. Cook for 1 minute. Drop 2-3 drops of oil on the top. Flip the side and cook for another minute.
- You will see some golden brown color on both sides.
- Repeat this process for all the cheela.
- Serve with a chutney of your choice like coconut chutney or tomato chutney.
- For kids spread some shredded cheese on top of cheela and make a roll as “Cheese cheela”.
Today I am sharing a healthy recipe with you – banana pancakes. I am not that much crazy about banana but my kid is. Instead of making plain pancakes I have added some mashed banana. My kid loved that!!
These pancakes are actually very simple to make. A pancake is a flat cake, often thin and round. I have used just our everyday ingredients whole wheat flour, mashed banana, eggs, milk and yogurt. Flavored with cinnamon and lightly sweetened with brown sugar.
This is a good, morning breakfast not only for kids but everybody can enjoy it.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 large ripe banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil / butter (I used vegetable oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mashed banana using dinner fork Continue mashing until no lumps remain; a few small lumps are OK.
- Then add an egg and whisk together. Whisk in yogurt, milk and brown sugar until combined. If using vanilla extract add in it. In this pancake I did not used vanilla extract but if you want you can add.
- Make a well in the dry flour mixture and pour the wet banana mixture in. Stir gently until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Coat with oil. Once pan becomes very hot, drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan.
- Cook about 1 minute until the edges look dry and bubbles begin to form on the center or sides. Lift a corner and check if bottom looks brown and golden then flip the pancake using spatula.
- Cook on the other side about 1 to 2 minutes, until the other side is also golden-brown. Coat pan with oil for each pancake.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, honey or jam.
- These pancakes are tastes best right after they are made and eaten warm. Leftover pancakes can be keep in the fridge for fey days. Before serving make it warm in the microwave about 30 seconds. The taste will not remain same as delicious as when they’re fresh but makes a nice snack.
- Video for recipe : Banana pancakes
This is very simple broccoli salad and very quick. This salad is made by using steamed broccoli and seasoned with the sesame seeds, chaat masala and other spices which gives the salad a delicious crunch and tasty flavor. I love this broccoli salad.
- 200 gm broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Ground black pepper to sprinkle
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
- 3 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Add 3 cup of water in a deep pan and boil it. If water starts boiling add broccoli florets and simmer for 5 minutes. This process brightens the color of broccoli and makes it tender. Turn off the heat and take off the broccoli from pan and drain it using strainer.
- Put drained broccoli in a plate and start seasoning. Add white sesame seeds, sprinkle cumin seed powder, sprinkle chaat masala, sprinkle garlic powder, sprinkle ground black pepper and salt to taste. Finally drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat.
- Serve fresh.
A smoothie is the mixture of fresh and raw fruits or vegetables, which are blended together until smooth. It can be prepared by adding other ingredients such as ice cubes, dairy products like yogurt, milk, etc. or sweeteners.
In India “Lassi” is a smoothie which is made from some natural flavors of fruits, yogurt, crushed ice and sometimes sugar. With refer to this in the recipe I have used yogurt to make a smoothie.
Now let’s see the recipe.
- 2 large bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 2 small oranges, peeled, take out the seeds from orange
- 1 cup non-fat yogurt
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Add all the raw fruits and ice cubes into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Then add yogurt and blend again until smooth and thick. If your blender has difficulty in blending this thick mixture then add some cold water in it.
- Serve immediately.
Hash browns or hashed browns are very simple and easy to prepare in which shredded potatoes can be fried in butter. Hash browns is the American breakfast. This can be good side dish with the meal too. Yummy crusty recipe for potato lovers. To enhance the taste diced or chopped onion can be added. Can be serve as a breakfast or meal.
- 1 large russet potatoes
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Peeled the potatoes. There’s no need to get rid of the skins if you don’t want to. Take a large bowl and fill with cold water. Now shred the potatoes and immediately put it in the bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Water will become cloudy.
This process will dissolve excess starch from potatoes and keeps the potatoes from changing colour.
2. Now drain the shredded potatoes. Again take some cold water in a bowl, stir it and drain well. Then pat dry using paper towel or clean cotton cloth.
3. Finally squeeze the potatoes using cotton cloth to take out excess moisture. Now the potatoes are ready.
4. Heat butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the shredded potatoes and spread them out in an even thin layer. Do remember layer should not be too thick otherwise it won’t be crust enough.
5. Now wait until a brown crust forms at the bottom of the potatoes. It will take 5 to 6 minutes. You can use the metal spatula to check the bottom. If you sure potatoes are brown and crispy at the bottom then it’s time to turn the side.
I always used to prefer to cut the whole layer into 2 or 4 parts before flipping. Depends on how much it’s big. And also useful to check each part how much it cooked at bottom. If ready at bottom then flip small parts one by one.
If you can flip whole potatoes layer in one go then you can flip it.
After flipping one part.
6. Continue to cook until second side bottom turns into brown crust. Remember it will take less time than first side bottom. You can spread more butter after flipping if you want to.
7. If both sides are brown then transfer it to plate. Season the potatoes with salt and ground black pepper.
8. Serve with ketchup or any gravy or chutney.
It’s very healthy soup. Most of the people does not like only spinach soup. So that I have added mixed vegetables with spinach to enhance the taste and nutritious value. You can add your favourite vegetables. This soup is very good for kids in cough and fever and for daily quick meal.
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 4 baby carrots
- 1 small tomato
- 1/4 cup onion- chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper power
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- First boil carrots and tomato for 10 minutes. Put it aside to cool down. Chop the carrot and mash the tomato. Now vegetables are ready.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions. Stir it. Immediately add ginger garlic paste. If onion becomes translucent add spinach, coriander and some water enough to boil. Boil it -for 5 minutes. Let it cool down. Now spinach mixture is ready.
- Now in the grinder add vegetables and spinach mixture together. Add enough water to grind.
- After grinding put all the mixture in the pan add remaining water boil it. Add pepper powder, cumin seed powder and salt to taste.
- Server fresh and warm.