A mango lassi is very famous beverage in India. It is prepared by mixing ripe mango or mango pulp with yogurt, milk and sugar. Some lassi are sweet, some are salty and some have mint. It is basically yogurt based mango milkshake or smoothie.
|Preparation time||Total time||Course||Servings|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||Beverage||3-4|
- 1 cup chopped mango or 1 cup mango pulp (I used mango pulp)
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cardamom for garnishing
- 2 tsp almonds, chopped for garnishing
- Fresh mint leaves for garnishing
- Combine chopped mango or mango pulp, yogurt, milk and sugar into a blender. Before adding sugar check how sweet your mango is then add sugar. Then blend until smooth.
- Pour into a serving glass.
- For garnishing sprinkle some ground cardamom, put some almonds and mint leaves on top.
- Serve the lassi within 24 hours. It can be kept refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- Instead of sugar, honey can be used in lassi.
- Ice cubes can be added to lassi.