WATCH VIDEO: Ripe papaya and avocado salad
Papaya is a seasonal fruit in India. People are used to eat ripe papaya as a fruit. In India you will found it as a street food – Ripe Papaya Chat.
This salad is the combination of ripe papaya, creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, and your favourite green and dressed with tangy pink salt and lemon juice, pepper powder and crunchy peanuts. This ripe papaya salad is another delicious way to include papaya in your meal.
Whenever ripe papaya is available, this quick and healthy salad is often on my dinner table.
- 1/2 cup diced ripe papaya
- 1/4 cup diced avocado
- 1/4 cup tomato slices
- 1/4 cup chopped lettuce
- 4-5 baby carrots, chopped
- 8-10 fresh leaves of baby spinach
- 3/4 tsp Pepper powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add papaya, avocado, tomato slices, lettuce, carrots and baby spinach in a big plate or bowl.
- Dressed with pepper powder, lemon juice, and pink salt.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil.
- Add some roasted peanuts.
- Toss all the ingredients with fork.
- Serve immediately.