This is very basic recipe to make a mixed vegetable cutlet. Lots of vegetables increases the nutritious value of the dish. In this recipe I have baked cutlets in the oven. Or you can shallow fry them. Serve these cutlets with ketchup or any type of chutney.
|Preparation time||Cook time||Course||Servings|
|20 minutes||20 minutes||Appetizer||4|
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup green beans, boiled & crushed
- 1/2 cup baby carrot, boiled & crushed
- 1/2 cup french beans, boiled & crushed
- 1/2 cup corns, boiled & crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon corn flour
- Rice flour or bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mango powder
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour or corn starch
- Take all the mashed and crushed vegetables in the bowl. Mix well.
- Then add all the spices chopped green chill, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and mango powder. Add salt. Mix it.
- Add chopped coriander and lemon juice.
- If needed add corn flour as required as enough to make a patties. Mix it well.
- Make a batter of all-purpose flour or corn starch. Add 4 tablespoon of water. I have used all-purpose flour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the flat pan and put it in the oven. To shallow fry heat 2 tablespoon oil in the pan.
- Now make a patties. You can make any shape of patties. Here I made round flat patties.
- Dip each patty into the flour batter and roll patty in semolina or breadcrumbs. I have used semolina.
- Now put all these patties on flat pan. And bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Meanwhile change the side of each patties.
- For shallow fry – shallow fry patties until they are become golden-brown on both sides.
- Serve with ketchup or any chutney. Or can be put between the slices of bread and eat them.