Quesadilla is Mexican cuisine. This is a quick and easy recipe. This makes a light dinner, a great snack or appetizer. Because of lots of spinach one of the nutritional dish. If whole wheat isn’t available then other types of tortillas can be used. Its better if served with salsa and sour cream.
|Preparation time||Cook time||Course||Servings|
|15 minutes||25 minutes||Main||2|
- 2 (10 inch) tortillas (whole wheat)
- 3 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Place 1 tortilla onto the skillet. Sprinkle about half the Cheddar cheese evenly over the tortilla. Top with the spinach, green onions, garlic powder, and chili powder. Cover with the remaining Cheddar cheese. Place the second tortilla on top.
- Cook until the bottom tortilla starts to develop a bit of color and starts to crisp, about 3 minutes. To flip and cook the other side, slide the quesadilla off the non-stick pan onto a dinner plate, cover with another dinner plate and flip. The crispy tortilla side should now be on top. Slide the quesadilla back onto the pan and cook until the bottom tortilla starts turning crisp, about 3 minutes more. Slide onto a cutting board, and cut into 8 wedges to serve.