Vegetable pulav is Indian cuisine. Quick and easy but satisfying and delicious meal. It is the combination of cooked rice mixed with mild spices and vegetables. You can serve this pulav with yogurt raita, pickle or roasted papad or can be served alone. Can be used for party, lunch box or for holy purposes.
|Preparation time||Cook time||Course||Servings|
|15 minutes||25 minutes||Rice||2|
Description: Cooked rice mixed with mild spices and mixed vegetable.
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 – 1.5 tbsp oil
- 1 medim onion thinly sliced
- 1 to 1.5 cup chopped vegetables (Green peas, Carrots, Beans)
- 1 Bay leave
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 Green Cardamom
- 3 Whole black pepper
- Cloves – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice and soak for a 10 mins.
- Cook the rice and set aside.
- Make a ginger and garlic paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the sliced onions
- When the onions begin to brown, add the cinnamon, cloves, whole black pepper, cardamom and bay leave
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for another few seconds
- Add the chopped vegetables and add salt
- Cook on a low flame for 5 mins, covered, until the vegetables are soft
- Then add cooked rice. Mix well and cook on low flame for 2-3 mins, covered.
- Turn off flame and keep partially covered until ready to serve.